Advanced Blueprint Reading: (24 PDH's)
11 February, 2019 - 25 March, 2019
This is a Professional Development Distance Program Course. These are scheduled with a start and end date.
Looking for professional development but do not have the time to take off from work?
Looking for refresher course on specific engineering topics and cannot find an intensive course to serve your needs?
This may be your ideal Professional Development course!
Find out more on how the Professional Development Distance Program (PDDP) may work for you - Click here
This course is 6 weeks in duration.
The PDDP program is more of a self-guided learning style.
You are required to read the notes and materials given, complete the follow-up assignments on your own, send in your questions prior to your 1 hour webinar meeting (if required) and be involved in live discussion via the internet.
Once you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate of completion
- This course introduces the attendees to blueprints documents including drawings and specifications, the process that Architects and Engineers translate owners’ ideas into Blueprints, how Builders use the blueprint to transform the design into reality. In this course, the students will learn what the blueprints are, the process to produce them, how to read plans, elevations, sections and detail drawings. Attendees will also get introduced to drawing system tools, such as CAD and Revit. Upon completion of the course, each of the attendees will be able to handle drawing, extract information from them, and be able to perform quality survey based on the available information.
- Learn different dimension systems, scales, and symbols
- Apply the stages of design and preparation of blueprint
- Generate isometric from plans, sections, and elevations.
- Practice CAD / Revit as sophisticated tools for reading/generating drawings.
- Review Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering Drawings.
Dr. Mohamed Nazief
Instructor: Dr. Mohammed Nazief, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Mohammed Nazief is a professional structural engineer with APEGA with more than 15 years of experience in design of structures. He graduated in 2004 from Structural Section, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, with honor. After graduation, Mohammed had worked in numerous projects, large in scale and budget which includes Steel, Concrete, wood and masonry Structure. Mohammed had a Master Degree in Structural Engineering from the same university. He got his PhD from the University of Alberta in masonry structures. He is an expert in finite element modelling, producing/detailing of structures, and performing quantity estimate for projects based on blueprints and CAD drawings.
a. What are blueprints
b. Function of blueprints
c. Methods of generation
2. Understanding blueprints
a. Unit system
3. Drawing terminologies
c. Side views
i. Standard Isometric
ii. Oblique Isometric
4. Material representation
5. Reading/Generating different drawing
a. Hand drafting and automation (CAD softwares)
b. Reading plan with sections and elevations
c. Obtaining information by linking different drawings together
d. Measuring and computing quantities from drawings
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's
responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected.
GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or
accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them.
Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements
and accommodations. Please click here for complete policies.
Each participant will receive a complete set of course notes and handouts that will
serve as informative references.
Request a New Location
Advanced Blueprint Reading: (24 PDH's)
We can offer our courses in new locations, or customer prefered locations. If you
would like to have the course of your choice offered in a new location, submit this
form, include your contact information.
This course can be customized and delivered on-site at your facility.