Distance - Finite Element Analysis (16-Mec-B10)
11 February, 2019 - 22 April, 2019
This Distance Education course is scheduled to start on the specified date.
- Busy with your work schedule?
- Can not attend training within week days?
- Looking for refresher course on specific engineering topics and can not find an intensive course to serve your needs?
- This course might be the right thing to meet your needs!
16-Mec-B10 Finite Element Analysis
Linear static analysis: basic concepts, shape functions, bar and beam elements, direct and energybased formulations, simple coordinate transformations, element assembly, boundary conditions, equation solution. Planar model formulations, work equivalent loads. Isoparametric element formulation: Jacobian matrix, numerical integration, stress averaging. Modeling, common errors, convergence, and accuracy issues. Introductory 3D solids, solids of revolution, plates and shells. Thermal analysis: matrix formulation, steady state and transient response. Introductory nonlinear modeling and procedures: simple material nonlinearity, stress stiffening, contact interfaces.
- Cook, R.D., Finite Element Modeling for Stress Analysis. John Wiley & Sons, Toronto.
- Frank L. Stasa, Applied Finite Elements for Engineers, Holt, Reinhart.
- Logan, A First Course in Finite Element Method, P.W.S. Engineering, latest edition.
- W. Bickford, A First Course in Finite Element Method, Irwin.
*Course commencement date is subject to instructor availability.
Find out more information about the Distance courses and exam preparation here.
The distance education program works as follows:
- Each course is 8-12 weeks in duration.
- You will receive a set of notes each week covering the course material via the internet. In addition, you will receive practice problems and assignments very similar to the associations' past exams.
- A one hour video-conference session will be conducted by your instructor each week. The objective of this session is to assist in solving the assignments as well as answer student questions that should be sent to instructor early enough prior to the meeting time. In addition with being able to communicate with the instructor, you will also be able to communicate with other students in the same class and watch their questions answered as well. A high speed internet connection is strongly recommended for this feature.
- Each set of assignments must be completed and submitted by the indicated date and your completed assignment will be marked and returned by your instructor.
- Upon completion of the assignments, you will be sent a final exam. It is recommended that you try to simulate the actual exam conditions (i.e., no aids and a time limit) when writing it. You will then submit this final exam for review and marking.
- To gain the most from your course, it is highly recommended that you participate fully in all discussions and assignments. Please remember that each course has 8-12 weeks duration and set dates for assignments to be submitted and a set date to submit the final exam. You will be informed of these dates when you receive the course schedule.
Technical Exam Preparation Program –Distance Education (via the Internet)
Global Innovative Campus “GIC-Canada” offers technical exam preparation courses for the following association examinations:
Our courses syllabi are based on the Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE) - Engineers Canada curriculum. Each course is an interactive program that you can complete over the internet right from your computer, with the option of two-way live video or audio. (minimum system requirements needed)
We offer P. Eng. Exam Preparation services:
Technical P.Eng. exams preparation (Distance Education)
Record of Experience, resume and Interview documentation Preparation
NPPE - National Professional Practice Exam preparation
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's
responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected.
GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or
accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them.
Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements
and accommodations. Please click here for complete policies.
Each participant will receive a complete set of course notes and handouts that will
serve as informative references.
Request a New Location
Distance - Finite Element Analysis (16-Mec-B10)
We can offer our courses in new locations, or customer prefered locations. If you
would like to have the course of your choice offered in a new location, submit this
form, include your contact information.
This course can be customized and delivered on-site at your facility.