- Register two or more delegates and get %10 off course fees each
- For GIC policies , please click here
- We could offer any of our courses at a location of your choice and customized contents
according to your needs, please contact us at :
to submit an online request.
A certificate of completed Continuing Education
Units (CEUs) will be granted at the end of this course.
This course addresses the key issues surrounding
leadership in a team. Why is it important? What does it
require for a team leader to lead his team effectively? Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live,
a text used at Harvard Business School, this course considers how team
leaders must account for the special and unique circumstances of working
in a team, where responsibility, accountability, communication, and
leadership are shared.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- List and identify the key characteristics and types of teams
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of empowered teams that leaders need to be aware of
- Identify differences in the primary and secondary roles filled by empowered teams and team leaders
- Recognize the key sources of motivation for empowered teams
- Explain Tuckman's model of team development
- Recognize the key qualities and skills of a team leader
- State the value of using the "checklist for team leaders"
- Recognize and apply suggested approaches for managing conflict in teams
- Discuss the different approaches needed for leading virtual teams
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some basic knowledge of, and experience with, managing and leading within an organization.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU:
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the
minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET
To register for this course click on the register button above, or by fax. To register
by fax, download and fill our registration form,
then fax it to (888) 849-4871. Mail your cheque to our address
. If you have a question regarding this course, please click
P.S. GIC can offer many of our courses at a location of your choice, at your convenience
and tailored to your special needs. For more information, please contact us.