Find By Category
Find By Location
Find By Keyword
Enjoy collecting GIC points that reward you with future training from GIC-Canada for free!
PMP Exam Preparation (35 PDUs)
- Register two or more delegates and get %10 off course fees each
- For GIC policies , please click here
- We could offer any of our courses at a location of your choice and customized contents
according to your needs, please contact us at :
to submit an online request.
8:00am - Registration and coffee (1st day only)
8:30am - Session begins
5:00pm - Adjournment
Breakfast, two refreshment breaks and prestigious lunch are provided daily
This workshop is delivered over a period of five days.
PMP is the Project Managers’ most globally recognized and respected certification credential. The certification attests to your professional commitment and project management expertise, providing worldwide recognition of your superior abilities. In addition, the PMP designation provides greater career potential.
This 5-day comprehensive program will help you achieve your PMP certification in just under 2 months by empowering you to pass the PMP exam with high marks, the first time! The workshop will also equip you with valuable skills which will assist in your recognition as a successful project manager. Lots of practice and exam simulation questions will be included as well as all the tricks that you need to acquire before attending the exam.
The objective of this program, which consists of 5 days, is to prepare participants to write and pass the PMP exam. In addition to mastering the required new exam skills, participants will develop advanced-level management skills. The workshop focuses on the new PMI terminology and processes that will make it easy for participants to understand and appreciate the new terminology use by PMI. Lots of new simulated exam questions and answers will constitute the core attention of the course. Additional handouts will be distributed as well as new simulated exam questions, answers, and reasoning behind the answers to ensure full understanding of the course material.
Engineers, project managers, construction managers, general contractors, trade contractors, construction superintendents, construction inspectors, officials of government agencies and other individuals who are interested in learning the PMI approach in managing projects.
This program is designed to prepare new and intermediate project managers and project team members to pass the PMI’s PMP Certification Examination with high marks.
It also perfectly fits the needs of individuals who are interested in learning more about PMI’s approach to project management.
The program is designed and delivered by a PMP professional instructor who has more than 10 years of hands on complex projects for the use and benefit of project managers. As such, the instructor incorporates actual on-the-job experiences into his teachings which enhance and facilitate the exam writing process. The casual links established between project management and real world experiences make the training much more enjoyable and more practical. By the end of the 5-day program, participants will have answered and discussed in detail, both individually and collectively several hundreds of PMP exam questions. A full 2 hour session is devoted to cover issues that will assist the participants in preparing for and writing the exam. The session covers the following issues:
- How to study and prepare for the exam
- How to answer multiple choice questions
- How to reduce study time to a minimum
- How to handle difficult and challenging questions
- The differences between the old and the new editions of the PMBoK
Top Ten Reasons For Considering PMP Certification
Here are the top ten reasons for investing the effort and the money to become a certified Project manager Professional (PMP).
- Increase your potential for higher salaries:
Surveys indicate that PMP certified individuals get better jobs with more responsibilities and higher salaries.
- Better marketability and optimize your opportunities:
PMP designation improves your career opportunities and enhances your chances for promotion; simply because PMP helps you stand out from the rest.
- Attain global recognition:
PMP designation grants you a professional credential that is recognized and well-respected worldwide. This credential is awarded by a credible third party: PMI.
- Validate your competency:
The PMP designation serves as an endorsement of your capabilities, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience.
- Demonstrate your commitment to the profession:
PMP certification demonstrates your individual commitment to the Project Management profession and the Project Management Community at large. It also tells your peers, your employer and the client about your professional growth.
- Earn prestige and honor:
Usually PMP certified individuals receive greater recognition from peers and supervisors for taking the initiative to pursue their careers.
- Be recognized as the best in your field:
Becoming a PMP builds an individual’s self-esteem, as a result of achieving a sense of personal satisfaction.
- Exercise your expertise:
Once you are certified, expect to assume more on-the-job responsibilities. It undeniably puts you ahead of the rest.
- Expand your knowledge base:
PMP designation encourages you to continue your education and enhance your professional improvement.
- Achieve your profession’s “gold standard”:
Supporting the PMP designation system enhances the image of the profession and it, in turn, reflects on you.
- The program provides a detailed review for the participants who need to pass the exam. The material covers the 9 knowledge areas, the 5 processes, a review of all math form
ulas and actual tips on writing the exam.
- The workshops focus on PMI terminology and processes (American), comparing them with Canadian industry terminology. Although the course is intended to help participants write and pass the exam, participants will get a large dose of practical experience as well as some principles and theories to help them in their day-to-day work.
- The learning environment is highly interactive; the participants are grouped in round table seating which encourages group discussions. Participants are encouraged to challenge each other in a friendly and constructive manner.
- The program uses a unique approach which follows the natural delivery of projects i.e. initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and close. Based on participant feedback, this is the preferred approach to teaching PMI material.
- Introduction to PMI
- How to apply for certification
- Project context
- 5 project management processes
- How to answer multiple choice questions
- Introduction to Knowledge areas and Professional Ethics
- Project initiation and introduction to planning
- Project planning processes
- Project planning processes (Continued)
- Project execution processes
- Project monitoring & control process and closing process
Ali Atwa, PhD., PMP, RMP
Dr. Ali Atwa completed his Bachelor's degree with honors in Civil Engineering, in Egypt. He obtained his M.Sc. degree in structural engineering and Ph.D. degree in Planning of repetitive projects under risk. He is currently a project controls manager at WorleyParsons Canada.
Dr. Atwa has more than 24 years of experience in project controls and civil engineering. He worked as a risk manager and project controls manager for many multinational, major projects in Canada, USA and the Middle East; such as Oqyana islands in Dubai, Doha Port in Qatar, El Rehab city in Cairo, and a group of pipeline and oil and gas facilities in US and Canada. He has extensive experience and knowledge in the field of time, cost and risk management.
Dr. Atwa has a record of academic achievements which include theses and published papers in construction project management and risk analysis. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Risk Management Professional (RMP).
To register for this course click on the register button above, or by fax. To register
by fax, download and fill our registration form,
then fax it to (888) 849-4871. Mail your cheque to our address
. If you have a question regarding this course, please click
P.S. GIC can offer many of our courses at a location of your choice, at your convenience
and tailored to your special needs. For more information, please contact us.
Each participant will receive a complete set of course notes and handouts that will
serve as informative references.
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's
responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected.
GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or
accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them.
Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements
and accommodations. Please click here for
Request a New Location
PMP Exam Preparation (35 PDUs)
We can offer our courses in new locations, or customer prefered locations. If you
would like to have the course of your choice offered in a new location, submit
this form, include your contact information.